- Excellent command of both written and spoken English language.
- Sound Luo language skills to be able to engage with beneficiaries in the communities.
- Sound language skills in a second language of Northern Uganda are an added advantage
- A motorcycle driving license is an added advantage.
- Sound understanding of horticulture farming, nursery greenhouse operation, crop water requirements, soil enrichment, weed, pest and disease control, water resource management and moisture conservation
- Sound understanding of how to use irrigation systems, solar water pumping technologies, rainwater harvesting & storage as well as underground wells
- Sound communication skills, ability to word complex technical matters comprehensively
Other knowledge, and additional competences
- Motivated to conduct practical trainings and advisory, hands-on garden work and other field work in any weather and regularly engage with beneficiaries in the communities
- Ability to be self-organized and plan ahead
- Willingness to learn and upskill as required by the tasks to be performed