360-degree feedback is a pathway to all-round performance.
A company that chooses not to conduct 360-degree feedback surveys stands to lose several benefits. Here are some losses that a company might experience by not conducting 360-degree feedback:
- Missed opportunities for employee development: Employees do not get a complete picture of their performance until they receive feedback from multiple sources. A lack of feedback hampers their capacity to identify areas for improvement.
- Poor performance: Managing performance successfully without a comprehensive understanding of employee performance is difficult. Managers struggle to recognize performance concerns, provide meaningful feedback, and establish performance-improvement plans without data from a survey or assessment.
- Failure to identify potential leaders: 360-degree feedback can help identify potential leaders. Without this feedback, potential leaders will not receive the guidance they need to develop their skills.
- Decreased Employee Engagement: Employees are more involved in their work when they feel their contributions are appreciated and their voices heard. By not conducting 360-degree feedback assessments, companies miss opportunities to show employees that their opinions matter.
Obviously, 360-degree feedback is beneficial.
However, to get the benefits, companies must obtain 360-degree feedback systematically.
- What to ask: It is crucial to ask the right questions. Remember, irrelevant questions provide inconsequential answers.
- How to ask: Responses will be low if the questions are not appropriately framed.
- What system to use: 360-degree feedback surveys involve several parties, the employee, supervisor, peers, subordinates and probably customers. You know how difficult it is to complete traditional performance management that involves only employees and their supervisors. Imagine the challenges you get if you don't have a proper system for 360 Degree feedback involving five parties instead of two.
- Be sure what you will do with the results: The staff participating will only be interested in the survey if you use the results constructively. If you don't, the next time staff interest in the survey will be minimal.
But, with the right approach, companies can successfully implement 360-degree feedback and reap the benefits.
Future Options Consulting Ltd offers 360-Degree feedback Services. We provide systems and expertise in collecting and interpreting feedback correctly and identifying areas for growth and development.
If you're interested in learning more about our management consultancy solutions, including 360-degree feedback services, Visit our website or contact us today to learn more.
Post A Comment