Use Psychometric Tests to Improve Recruitment Decisions
COVID-19 has changed our lives. We live in a world of masks. We have learned to mumble through them. We feel unfulfilled when we cannot hug a dear one or even shake hand with a friend or a colleague. We have learned to present that awkward smile instead.
We feel shortchanged when you have to make it do with video conferencing instead of an in- person meeting.
In business life, hiring (and firing) is virtual. The mode of the interview is video-conferencing instead of in-person meetings.
But many hiring managers do not feel assured about their evaluation of potential candidates after a video interview. They do not think that they captured all elements as they would have, in an in-person meeting. They do not get a sense that they understood the candidates well, as feeling that they probably missed something.
That discomfort is unsurprising.
You can assess the technical skills through the video interview. The challenge is about evaluating the soft skills and the cultural fit.
Candidate interview is a critical stage of hiring in which you assess competency, motivation, emotional intelligence and cultural fit of the candidates. When you interview a candidate in person, you can read the body language better. The posture, gestures, eye movement, touch and the use of space tell you a lot about a candidate.
Methods of Improving Hiring Decisions
The hiring decision is too important to take any chance.
Fortunately, there are ways of mitigating these challenges. You can use a psychometric test to assess the attributes of candidates that are not amenable to video interviews.
The psychometric evaluations give insights into a candidate&#39;s personality traits that help you to decide on the candidate-fit for a position.
You can choose from a range of psychometric tests that improve the efficacy of the hiring.
- Professional Profile Test provides a personality assessment that analyses the traits that influence an individual&#39;s behaviour and performance at work.
- Big Five Profile measures five major personality traits based on the Five-Factor model.
- Positive Personality Traits assess and identify key personality traits that can influence cultural fitment, trainability and job performance.
- Motivation Inventory Test analyses the factors that drive a person to perform a work by measuring motivation, values and preference.
- Sales Profile Test identifies the potential, competencies and motivations needed to succeed in sales.
There are several other tests, that can address your specific needs of candidate assessments.
Future Options offers psychometric testing services. For your more information, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org